Can you please provide details of the burial for a stillborn (5 months). I understand that there is ghusl and wrap in one piece of cloth (not kafn). There is no janaza. But can you please provide details of the method of burial? Is there aqeeqah or Adhaan in the ears of the baby? Is there any other important things to consider? Shukran
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
There are certain rulings regarding a stillborn child:
- Salatul Janāzah will not be performed upon such a child.
- The child will be wrapped in a single piece of cloth and buried.
- Aqeeqah is not necessary.
- Adhān in the ears of such a child is not necessary.
- Washing and naming of the child should be done.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Mawlana Abdul Hannan Nizami,
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.