by Bint Saalih
What strategies do you use when you have to keep yourself awake for whole night for the preparation of school/university exams? Just think of them and they might help you in keeping yourself awake in these Last 10 Nights of Ramadan as well.
Remember, this is for the preparation of our ULTIMATELY FINAL EXAM. So keep that back straight In shaa Allaah!
Some tips that might help you:
1. No matter how good or bad your Ramadan went, enter the last 10 Days well prepared, with pure intentions, full energy and a positive outlook.
2. Listen to or read the Tafsir of Surah Al-Qadr to know about this amazing night, to switch that mode ON and to keep it remained ON for all the nights.
3. Take a nap of one our in the first part of the night, like immediately after ‘Isha Salah and then get ready for worship.
4. Do not overeat. Drink more water in between ‘Ibaadaat. Have a cup of tea or coffee for keep staying active Bi-idhnillaah.
5. Keep a study buddy to race in GOOD DEEDS as well as to keep a watch on you and wake you up whenever you fall asleep.
6. Choose the most comfortable place for worship in your home or Masjid. Avoid leaning to pillows & cushions while reciting Qur’an or Adhkaar so as to keep your back straight.
7. Switch off your mobile phones, iPads and Laptops if possible.
8. If you’re alone in the room, recite the Qur’an in a loud beautiful voice so that your ears & heart remain involved with the recitation and you don’t feel drowsy. Plus it has an amazingly calming effect trust me!
9. If you’re not alone then you can recite in a normal volume not to disturb others but can listen to a Qiraa-at in high volume using your earphone.
10. Keep all your stuff like the Du’aa list, prayer mat and Mushaf ready beforehand so that you don’t waste those precious moments in searching for things.
11. Prepare a schedule and shift to different acts of worship to avoid monotony and to remain involved throughout.
12. Try to make a long Qiyaam (standing in prayer)
13. Elongate your Sujood and make loads and loads of Du’aas in it. Cry hard and ask ALLAH everything you wish for in Dunya and Aakhirah.
14. Raise your Du’aa – Remember it’s the night of decree and angels are precisely writing down whatever is gonna happen in your life for the next coming year, be specific in your Du’aas and ask for each and everything you need – Hajj, Job, Career, Spouse, Children, Home, whatever. Don’t play small in your Du’aas as you’re asking the KING OF ALL KINGS!
15. Pray 2 Raka’ah Salatul Tawbah every single night and ask for forgiveness from ALLAH – Al-Ghaffar, Al-Ghafoor, Al-Tawwab and Al-’Afuww. Repent sincerely with full hope and firm resolve of not repeating those sins again.
16. If you really want to take a nap once again in between, then set an alarm to wake you up again in 15-20 minutes. Place the phone or alarm clock away from you and on full volume to wake you up quickly.
17. Memorize and keep asking the Du’aa of Lailatul Qadr: Allaahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibb al-‘afwa fa’affu ‘anni (O Allaah, You are forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me).
18. Whenever you feel sleepy, stand up, make a fresh Wudu and offer 2 Raka’ah Tahiyyatul Wudu. It will remove all the traces of sleep In sha ALLAH.
19. Ask ALLAH to grant you Lailatul Qadr and accept from you whatever ‘ibaadaat you did by His tawfeeq.
20. If you have found these tips useful, apply them and share with others too.
If you have some more tips, please share them in the comments section below and remember me and our whole team in your precious Du’aas.