In times of difficulty as well as ease, we are dependent on Allah Ta’ala.
When in prosperity, our Nabi (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) turned in appreciation to Allah. And when difficulty arose, he (sallallahu’alayhi wasalam) always turned only to Allah.
In light of the recent xenophobic attacks, hereunder are some du’as from the Quran and Hadith that will be effective in such situations and which will -insha Allah- curb the violence, as such violence can easily over-boil…
- When Nabi Nuh (‘alayhis Salam) was overwhelmed by the opposition of his people he recited the following du’a:
رَبِّ إِنِّيْ مَغْلُوبٌ فَانْتَصِرْ
Rabbi inni maghlubun fantasir
‘O Allah I am overpowered, so assist me.’
(Surah Qamar, verse: 10)
- When Nabi Ibrahim (‘alayhis Salam) left his family in a foreign land, he made this du’a:
فاجعل أفئدة من الناس تهوي إليهم
‘O Allah…. turn the hearts of the people in their favour.’
(Surah Ibrahim, verse: 37)
To link this du’a to ourselves we should recite the following:
رَبَّنا اجْعَلْ أَفْئِدَةً مِّنَ النَّاسِ تَهْوِيْ إِلَيْنا
Rabbanaj ‘al af-idatam minan naasi tahwi ilayna
‘O Allah turn the hearts of the people towards us.’
- Nabi Ibrahim (‘alayhis Salam) and his followers made the following du’a –which Allah Ta’ala exhorts us to emulate-:
رَبَّنا لا تَجْعَلْنا فِتْنَةً لِّلَّذِيْنَ كَفَرُوا وَاغْفِرْ لَنا رَبَّنا إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْعَزِيْزُ الحَكِيم
Rabbana la taj’al na fitnatal lilladhina kafaru, wagh fir lana rabbana innaka antal ‘azizul hakim.
‘O our Rabb, o not make us a test for the disbelievers, and forgive us o our Rabb, indeed you are most Powerful most Wise.’
(Surah Mumtahinah, verse: 5)
- When Nabi Musa (‘alayhis Salam) was driven out of his town he recited:
رَبِّ نَجِّنِيْ مِنَ الْقَومِ الظَّالِمِيْن
Rabbi najjini minal qawmiz zalimin
‘O Allah protect me from the oppressing people.’
(Surah Qasas, verse: 21)
- The followers of Nabi Musa (‘alayhis salam) made the following du’a when they were under the threat of Fir’awn:
رَبَّنَا لا تَجْعَلْنا فِتْنَةً لِّلْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ وَنَجِّنَا بِرَحْمَتِكَ مِنَ الْقَوْمِ الْكافِرِين
Rabbana la taj’alna fitnatal lil qawmiz zalimin, wa najjina birahmatika minal qawmil kafirin
‘O Allah, do not make us a test for the oppressive ones, and rescue us through your mercy from those who do not believe.’
(Surah Yunus, verses: 85-86)
Du’a from the Hadith:
- Whenever Rasulullah (sallalalhu’alayhi wasallam) feared harm from any nation, he would recite the following du’a:
اَللّٰهُمَّ إنَّا نَجْعَلُكَ فِيْ نُحُوْرِهِمْ وَنَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شُرُورِهِمْ
Allahumma inna naj’aluka fi nuhurihim, wa na’udhu bika min shururihim
‘O Allah, We place you in front of them, and we seek your refuge from their harms.’
(Sunan Abi Dawud & Sahih Ibn Hibban)
- These du’as should be recited from the heart. We should cry and beg from Allah Ta’ala with the above.
In addition to these du’as, we should:
- Give abundant charity in all forms. This could even be done by assisting those affected by these attacks. By donating aid to these people we will be securing our own safety insha Allah.
- Show mercy to those on earth, Allah will show you His Mercy. (hadith)
- Abstain from sin as much as possible. For sins are the biggest causes of difficulty.
May Allah Ta’ala alleviate the sufferings of all mankind throughout the globe. Amin.
Download Pdf for Notice boards here