Mode of Payment
The currency to purchase Jannah is not the Dollar or the Dinar. It is also not the Rupees or the Rand and neither is it the Euro or the Yen.
The currency to purchase a property in Jannah is only in the form of Having your Faith in Allah and Doing Good Deeds as indicated in the following Aayat of the Holy Qur’an:
“Those who have Imaan and who do good deeds shall be the occupants of Jannah, where they will live forever.” (Surah Al-Baqara: 82).
Good Deeds through which You can Purchase these Properties
There are many good deeds that you can do to please Allah so that He may grant you the rights to reside in Jannah. Given below are only a few of them. You can of course convert your Worldly Currencies into Good Deeds that involve Spending Money, in this world to gain entry into Jannah.
Remember that the good deeds whether involving yourself, your time or your worldly currencies must be done in this world only while you are alive. Once your eyes close and your soul leaves your body you will not get even a single moment or a single opportunity to do any of these deeds!
Ayats from the Qur’an Kareem
- A Roadmap to Jannah: For Muslim men and Muslim women, Mu’mineen men and Mu’mineen women, obedient men and obedient women, truthful men and truthful women, men who exercise sabr and women who exercise sabr, humble men and humble women, charitable men and charitable women, fasting men and fasting women, chaste men and chaste women, men who remember Allah in abundance and women who remember Allah, Allah has prepared forgiveness and an immense reward for (all of) them. (Surah Al-Ahzaab: 35)
- Entering Jannah with Your Close Ones: Those who exercise sabr seeking the pleasure of their Rabb, who establish Salah, spend secretly and openly from that which We have provided and who repel evil with good. These are the ones who shall enjoy the favourable outcome of the Akhirah. Eternal Jannah in which they will enter together with all those of their forefathers, spouses and progeny who are worthy. And the angels shall come to them from every door. (Surah Ra’ad: 22-23)
- Forgiveness and Controlling Your Temper: Hasten to the forgiveness of your Rabb and to that Jannah which has the vastness of the heavens and the earth. It has been prepared for those with Taqwa. Those who spend in ease and adversity who swallow their anger and who forgive people Allah loves those who do good. (Surah Al-Imran: 133-134)
Some Ahadeeth of Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alaihi Wasallam
- Believing: Whoever believes (has Imaan) in Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala and His Messenger Sallallahu ‘Alaihi Wasallam, and establishes the prayer and fasts in the month of Ramadan, it is incumbent upon Allah that He enters him in Jannah. (Sahih al-Bukhari)
- Being Pleased with Allah: Whoever says: “I am pleased with Allah as my Rabb, and with Islam as my Deen, and with Muhammad Sallallahu ‘Alaihi Wasallam as my Prophet, Jannah would be mandatory for him. (Abu Dawud)
- Unimportance and Humility: Shall I inform you about the people of Jannah? They comprise every obscure, unimportant, humble person, and if he takes Allah’s oath that he will do that thing, Allah will fulfill his oath (by doing that)…(Sahih al-Bukhari)
- Teaching Qur’an to your Children: Whoever reads the Qur’an, learns it and acts in accordance with it, on the Day of Resurrection his parents will be given a crown to wear whose light will be like the light of the sun, and his parents will be given garments which far surpass everything to be found in this world. They will say, “Why have we been given this to wear?” It will be said, “Because your child learned the Qur’an.” (Al-Haakim)
- Building a Masjid: Whoever builds a Masjid seeking by it the Pleasure of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala, Allah will build for him a similar place in Jannah. (Sahih al-Bukhari)
- Visiting the Sick: Whoever visits an ailing person or a brother of his to seek the Pleasure of Allah, an announcer (Angel) calls out: “May you be happy, may your walking be blessed, and may you be awarded a dignified position in Jannah”. (Tirmidhi)
- Going to the Masjid: “Whosoever goes to the Masjid and returns back from it, purely for the sake of Allah, Allah the Almighty will prepare an abode in Jannah for every time he goes and comes back”.(Muslim)
- Being Good to Your Parents: “Paradise lies at the feet of your mother.” (Nasai) “A father’s pleasure is Allah’s pleasure, a father’s displeasure is Allah’s displeasure.” (Tirmidhi)
- Helping an Orphan: “The one who raises an orphan and I are like these [two] in Paradise (and he pointed to his middle and index fingers)” [Bukhari].
- Spreading Salaams, Feeding the Hungry and Offering Tahajjud: “O people, spread the Salaam (greetings), feed the hungry, and pray while the people are asleep, you will enter Jannah in peace.” (ibn Majah)
- Integrity: “Guarantee me six things and I shall assure you of Jannah: (a) when you speak, speak the truth, (b) keep your promise (c) discharge your trust (d) guard your chastity (e) lower your gaze and (f) withhold your hands from highhandedness.” (Baihaqi)
- Guarding One’s Tongue and the Private Parts: “Whoever can guarantee (give a formal assurance to guard) what is between his two jaw-bones and what is between his two legs (i.e. his tongue and his private parts), I guarantee Jannah for him.” (Bukhari)
- Reconciling people:“Shall I not tell you of what is better in degree than extra fasting, prayer, and charity?” They said, “Of course!” Nabi Sallallahu ‘Alaihi Wasallam said, “Reconciliation between people. Verily, corrupted relations between people is the razor.” (Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi)
- Reviving Sunnah:“Whoever revives my Sunnah, loves me. Whoever loves me will be with me in Jannah.” (Tirmidhi)
- Offering Sunnah Rak’ah: “A house will be built in Heaven for one who prays 12 Sunnat Rak’ah in a day and evening as follows: 4 Rak’ah before and 2 after the Dhuhr Salah, 2 after the Maghrib Salah, 2 after the ‘Ishaa Salah and 2 before the Fajr Salah.” (Tirmidhi)
- Deeds that help you Secure Houses in in Various Parts of Jannah: “I am a guarantor for a house on the outskirts of Paradise for whosoever leaves off arguing, even if he is in the right; and a house in the center of Paradise for whosoever abandons falsehood, even when joking; and a house in the upper-most part of Paradise for whosoever makes his character good.” (Abu Dawud)
- Offering Nafl Salah: “Whoever prays the four Rakat of Ishraq (sunrise Salah) and four Rakat before the Dhuhar Salah, A house is built for Him in Jannah.” (As-Silsilah as-Sahihah)
- Pleasing Your Husband:“A woman who dies when her husband is pleased with her, will enter Jannah.” (Tirmdhi)
…to be continued
By: M.B. Ahmed