Please quote some Hadiths regarding the benefits of Ayatul-Kursi?
There are many Hadiths on the virtue of Ayat al-Kursi. Some have been recorded by Hafiz Sakhawi in his Al-Ajwibat al-Mardiyyah (vol.2 pgs.665-678).
Hafiz Al-Biqa’ie (rahimahullah) has compiled a separate booklet on the virtues of Ayatul Kursi entitled: “Al-Fathul Qudsi”
Hereunder are some of these Hadiths:
1. Once Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) asked Sayyiduna Ubayy ibn Ka’b (radiyallahu ‘anhu): “Do you know which is the greatest verse in the Qur’an?” He replied, ‘Allah and His Rasul (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) know best.’ Thereafter, Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) repeated the question, so Sayyiduna Ubayy ibn Ka’b (radiyallahu ‘anhu) replied, ‘Allahu la ilaha illa huwal yahhul qayyum.’ Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) tapped his chest (affectionately) and said, “May you be congratulated on your knowledge.” (Sahih Muslim)
2. Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu’anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu’alaihi wasallam) said:
“Everything has a peak and the peak of the Qur’an is Surah al-Baqarah, it contains a verse which is the leader of all the verses in the Qur’an.”
In a narration of Al-Mustadrak, the following words were added, ‘Whenever it is recited in a home, the devil flees there from, that verse is: Ayatul Kursi.’
(Mustadrak Hakim; see al-Targhib vol.2 pg.370)
3. Sayyiduna Abu Umamah (radiyallahu’anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said:
“Whoever recites Ayat al-Kursi after every Salat, the only barrier between him and paradise is death.”
(Sunan Nasa’i, Hadith: 9848, ibn Hibban in his Kitabus Salah; see Targhib, vol. 2 pg. 453)
4) Hafiz Sakhawi (rahimahullah) has stated that in an authentic (sahih) Hadith, Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said that one who recites it before sleeping will be protected by an (Angel) appointed by Allah. (Sahih Bukhari; 5010 and Al-Ajwibat al- Mardiyyhah, vol.2 pg.668)
5) Imam Hasan al-Basri (rahimahullah) said:
“Whoever recites Ayatul Kursi before sleeping, Allah will send a guard to protect him till he awakens.”
RECITING AYATUL KURSI BEFORE SLEEPING
Is this Hadith authentic?
Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:
من قرأها (آية الكرسي) حين يأخذ مضجعه أمنه الله على داره ودار جاره والدويرات حوله
Imam Bayhaqi (rahimahullah) has recorded this Hadith on the authority of Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu).
Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “…Whomsoever recites Ayatul Kursi when going to bed, Allah Ta’ala will protect his home, his neighbours home as well as the homes around him.”
(Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 2174)
The chain consists of a narrator who has been declared extremely weak by some Muhaddithun and a liar by other Muhaddithun.
(Refer: Mizanul I’tidal, vol. 5 pg. 36, number: 8616)
And Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar