The Prophet Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are as their mothers. (Qur’aan: 33:6)
The superiority of Ayesha over other women is like the superiority of Thareed (A type of a food dish containing meat, bread, etc) over all other foods.
Allah’s Messenger Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam was asked, “Who is most beloved to you?” He replied, “Ayesha” He was then asked, “and from amongst the men?” He replied, “Abu Bakr”
Nine special qualities of Hazrat Ayesha Radiyallaahu Anha as mentioned by herself in Tafseer Qurtubi
1. Jibraeel Alayhis Salaam came to Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam with a picture of myself and after showing it to Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam mentioned that this girl will soon be your wife.
2. I was the only previously unmarried and virgin wife of Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam. The rest of my co-wives were either widowed or divorced.
This also squashes allegations that Allah’s Messenger Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam had excessive lust (Naoozu Billah) and hence so many wives. For more than 2 decades He was only married to Bibi Khadija Radhiyallaahu Anha. The rest of his marriages were entered into after he had reached the age of 50. The Ummahatul Mu’mineen were directly responsible for conveying to the Ummah the lifestyle of our Beloved Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam when at home, interaction with women, Masaail of women, etc. many marriages took place to bring about peace with various tribes or groups.
3. Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam took his last breath whilst his head was on my lap.
4. Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam was buried in my room. (The Ambiyaa Alayhimus Salaam are buried where they pass away).
5. Angels used to throng and flock to my room. If Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam used to be resting with his other wives and the Angels had a message they used to return and come later but Wahi used to come to Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam while we used to be resting under one sheet.
6. I am the daughter of his first Khalifa and closest companion, Sayyiduna Abu Bakr Radhiyallaahu Anhu.
7. Allah directly exonerated me with His speech in the Quraan Majeed.
Some commentators have mentioned that when allegations were placed on Yusuf Alayhis Salaam then Allah exonerated him on the tongue of an infant in a cradle and when Maryam Alayhas Salaam was accused of Zinaa then Allah freed her on the tongue of her son, Nabi Eesa Alayhis Salaam, but Allah did not exonerate Ayesha Radiyallaahu Anha on the speech of a child nor a Nabi but rather Allah Ta’aala directly exonerated her.
8. I was created purely.
9. I have been promised Forgiveness and Honourable Sustenance (As mentioned in the Verse of Surah Noor).
Hazrat Ayesha Radhiyallaahu Anha was a giant in the field of Fiqh. Sayyiduna Abu Moosa Al-Ashari mentioned that when we, the companions, had any difficulty in understanding some matters of Deen we used to hasten to Ayesha Radhiyallaahu Anha and she used to explain it to us so easily. This is quite remarkable considering the fact that she was widowed at the tender age of only 18. She was a Master in the field of Hadith. Only a few Sahabah have narrated more Ahaadeth than her. Ayesha Radhiyallaahu Anha has conveyed about 2210 Hadith to this Ummah. She also attained expertise in various other branches like Language, poetry etc.
PIETY AND FEAR OF HAZRAT AYESHA Radhiyallaahu Anha
Hazrat Shaikh Zakariyya Rahmatullah Alayhi has mentioned numerous stories regarding Ayesha’s Radhiyallaahu Anha fear of Allah in Fazaaile A’amaal. Ayesha Radiyallaahu Anha used to often say, “I wish I was a blade of grass.” Sometimes she would look at the birds flying about freely and say, “How I wish I was that bird”. This was out of the fear of Allah and the fear of having to account for all her deeds in the Hereafter.
HER SPENDING IN THE PATH OF ALLAH
Ayesha Radhiyallaahu Anha was extremely generous. She once spent 100 000 dirhams in a single day. At the time of Iftaar her slave girl said to her, ‘You should have kept one dirham for yourself to buy a piece of meat’ Ayesha Radhiyallaahu Anha replied ‘you should have reminded me.’
These are just a few glimpses of the life of Our Mother Hazrat Ayesha Radiyallaahu Anha.
We should take time out to study her biography and look for guidance and inspiration in the lives of the Sahabah and Sahaabiyaat of Our Beloved Messenger Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam.