The Sacred month of Ramadan is about to be over and not only will the Shayateen be free from the chains, they will also manage to tempt Insan (humans) into explicitly disobeying the commands of Allah.
Consequently drastic changes are soon going to be witnessed in the behaviour of the Muslims.
Some of these changes are going to be:
- The tongues that were busy reciting Qur’an Shareef, making Dhikr, making Du’a and speaking good only, will now be used in vices like futile talks, lying, gossiping, backbiting, slandering, quarrelling, etc.
- The ears that were used for listening to Qur’an recitation, ahadeeth and bayans (Islamic talks) only, will now be busy listening to songs, music, jokes and many other un-Islamic stuff.
- The eyes that were utilized for reciting Qur’an, reading ahadeeth and other Islamic material will now be busy with social media, watching videos, TV, movies, playing video games, etc.
- The glances that had been lowered during Ramadan will be raised again and people will now start casting them on non-mahrams.
- The hands that were being raised when making du’a, or were occupied in holding the Qur’an Shareef, the hadeeth books, the books containing the stories of the Sahabah, giving out Sadaqah and Zakah will now be busy in operating TVs, Using Smartphone to take selfies and videos, shaking hands with the ghair-mahram or even embracing them.
- Faces that had started to grow beard, the Mubarak Sunnat of Nabi-e-Kareem Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam), will now start emitting the odour of the aftershaves.
- Our dressing style will also change and we will once again start aping the non-Muslims in the types of attire that we put on.
- The consumption of dates and other halal foods will be replaced by consumption of haram and doubtful foods and drinks.
In short, our piety level will come down crashing and we will start going against the commands of our Benefactor, Allah Rabbul ‘Izzat, together with the Mubarak Sunnah of Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa Sallam.
What is described above is just the tip of the iceberg. The situation will be much worse than what will meet the eye. These drastic changes will now start taking place because the sacred month of Ramadan will be bidding us farewell.
Staining a Newly Painted House
It’s just like a person who has painted his house for a certain occasion and as soon as that occasion is over he voluntarily goes and brings a lorry loaded with filth and splashes that filth all over his house and brings it back to its original state (or makes it even worse). Obviously, no sane person would do that, would he?
Shayateen are not only to blame for these deplorable changes that are about to take place in our daily lives. They can only act if they are given leeway. For that we have to be strong in not giving in to the hawaa (desires) of our Nafs (inner self).
Are we Seasonal or Fractional Muslims only?
Allah has created some fruits, vegetables and flowers that are seen in certain seasons only and we call them ‘seasonal fruits or flowers’.
However, He has not created us as ‘Seasonal Muslims’, limited to attaining piety during the period of Ramadan only.
Neither are we ‘Fractional Muslims’ meaning leading a life of ‘Real Muslims’ for one-twelfth of the year and becoming ‘Muslims by name only’ for the rest of the eleven-twelfths of the year.
We are unremittingly complete, 24/7 Muslims for all seasons, all months, all times and in all situations. Allah with His infinite Mercy has given us the month of Ramadan just to elevate our status.
Ramadan is a Perfect Training Ground for Us
The Sacred month of Ramadan is actually a kind of training ground for us. The end goal of that training should be to attain a new Piety Level so that we BECOME proper Muslims for the rest of the year!
Let us lead our life in accordance with Our Creator’s Choice all the year round in this world, so that He grants us the liberty to lead a life of Our Own Choice in the hereafter.
And Allah Ta’ala knows best.