1) Until How long after sunrise can we perform Ishraaq salaah?
2) Can a woman in Haidh recite the manzil and 40Rabbana with the intention of dua?
3) If a woman has qadhaa fasts from Ramadhaan, due to Haida, can she fast the fast of Ashura, or does she have to keep the qadhaa instead?
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salamu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullahi wa-barakatuh.
- The time for observing Salaatul Ishraq commences approximately twenty minutes after sunrise and ends at mid-morning (halfway between sunrise and zenith). However, it is virtuous to observe it immediately after its time sets in.
- According to the Hanafi Mazhab (school of thought)it is impermissible for a woman in Haidh (menstruation) to recite Quraan.
Hence, if the Manzil and the forty Rabbanahs contain Aayaats or verses of the Quraan that do not have the meaning of Dua (supplication), it will not be permissible for her to recite it in the state of Haidh (menstruation).
- If a woman has Qadha fasts of Ramadhaan due to Haidh (menstruation), she should give preference to keeping her Qadha fasts of Ramadhaan over the fasts of Muharram/Aashura.
However, if she chooses to keep the fasts of Muharram/Aashura, it will be permissible to do so.
And Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Ismaeel Bassa
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.