PROGRAMME TODAY 14TH MARCH 2014: JUMMAH AT GREY STREET MOSQUE AND AFTER ESHA (7.45PM)PROGRAMME AT ORIENT SCHOOL HALL. LADIES ACCOMMODATION PROVIDED.
A Brief Introduction
1) Shaikh Mumtaz ul Haq Malik Naqshbandi is an eminent UK-based research scholar in the field of “Firaq al-Batilah” (Deviated Sects) as well as a renowned orator.
2) Widely known for being fearless, straightforward and sincere, he has toured many countries like Russia, India, Germany, Mongolia, Canada, South Africa, Turkey, Norway and Pakistan. He is fondly known by his colleagues as the “Defence Minister of Islam”.
3) He came to the U.k at the age of nine. The eminent Shaikh started his hifdhul Quran along with elementary Islamic studies with Maulana Abdul Rahman Tarapuri rahimahullah , who was a graduate of Darul Uloom Deoband.
He then went to complete his Hifdhul Qur’an at Jamiah Rashidiyyah, Sahiwal in Pakistan. He, then took up studies in Engineering at a UK university.
Instead of pursuing a career in the lucrative field of Engineering, Allaah inspired him to take up service to deen, especially the challenge of showing the errant ways of the deviated sects.
4) He initially took bai’ah at the hands of Maulana Ghulam Habib Naqshbandi rahimahullah of Chakwal during Hazrat’s visit to the U.K in 1976. Upon his demise in 1989, he took bai’at and received khilaafat at the hands of Maulana Naeemullah Farooqi sahib daamat barakaatuhum of Lahore, Pakistan who is a khalifah of Hazrat Molana Ghulab Habib sahib rahimahullah.
5)In 1991, he became imam at the Jamiah Masjid in Southall in west London, before moving to Streatham in South London in 2001 where he is currently in this position.
6) Apart from his Imamate and teaching duties, the renowned Shaikh has been studying under the supervision of leading world scholars like Allamah Khalid Mahmoud, one of the most acclaimed Deobandi scholars of our time.
Click below for poster: