Hazrat Ml Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb rahimahullāh
Ever since the ummah introduced fabricated customs and formalities on occasions of marriage, it became entrapped in evils such as debts, usurious loans, and accepting bribes.
The root of all these evils is this unnecessary expense and extravagance.
When the blessing of marriage is in enduring less expense, why does the ummah not avail itself of this blessing?
Why is it depriving itself of this blessing by going into extra expenses and doing things for show?
Sinful Customs in Marriages
These days, we see the practice of making movies on the occasions of marriage….
Look at the extent of immodesty in making movies where the bride and bridegroom are together, and they are also accompanied by the non-mahram friends and relatives of the bridegroom. They are then shown in all houses.
You are displaying your daughter and daughter-in-law to strange men and accepting gifts in return.
Can there be anything more shameful than this?
Then you complain and say that you are distressed and that there is no blessing in your sustenance.
The Reason for No Blessing in Sustenance
When you earn the anger and displeasure of Allâh Ta’ala, how will you experience blessing in your sustenance?
Some people are under the assumption that they will experience blessing merely by reading some wazîfah (supplication, verse, etc.).
Listen! You will certainly receive Allâh’s mercy by reading a wazîfah, but if we do not give up sins, Allâh’s anger will also befall us. If mercy and anger face each other, how will we find the path?
An example of this is as follows: by committing sins, the truck of Allâh’s anger will approach; and by reading a wazîfah, the truck of Allâh’s mercy will approach. Neither of the two will give way to the other. If anger does not move aside, mercy will not come. We cannot expect mercy solely from reading a wazîfah, but we will receive mercy if we give up sins.
Give up sins and you can undoubtedly read your wazîfah.
Tell me, if excreta falls on your clothes, do you apply perfume to your clothes, or do you wash your clothes and then apply perfume?
The remembrance of Allâh Ta’ala is a perfume, but you must first remove the foul smell of sins. But this does not mean that you must not perform salâh, fast, etc. as long as you have not given up sins. Salâh, fasting, etc. are compulsory, obligatory and sunnat-e-mu’akkadah (emphasised Sunnah).
Perform your salâh and fast, and also engage in the remembrance of Allâh Ta’ala. However, it is necessary to rectify this belief that merely reading a wazîfah will solve everything.
No! It is essential to give up disobeying Allâh Ta’ala. Even if a person displeases Allâh Ta’ala for a single breath, he is making the anger of Allâh Ta’ala lawful to himself, unless he repents.
8 THINGS WHICH WEAKEN A MARRIAGE:
1) Misbehaving – saying bad or hateful things, making bad jokes & insulting each other.
2) Ignoring – not replying back to the “salams” or giving each other the good ear to listen & share.
3) Lying – Allah forbids the believers to lie. There is no room in Islam for liars, & may Allah save us from this evil, آمين .
4) Breaking Promises – Keeping a trust is also an important characteristic of a believer.
5) Avoiding Contact – You hug the brothers at the mosque, but what about a “little hug” with your wife? Come on, u can do it.
6) Suspicion & Backbiting – Allαh says, “O believers, avoid much suspicion. Certainly suspicion is sinful. And don’t spy or back bite each other. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of your dead brother. You would hate it. Fear Allah’s punishment. For sure Allah is the Acceptor of repentance, The Merciful.” [Quran 49: 12]
7) Too Busy – Take time for each other. You have rights on each other. Give everyone their rights & u will be given your rights.
8) Leaving the worship – MOST IMPORTANT Allαh will never be pleased with someone who leaves His guidance & does not worship Him. This will cause Muslim families serious problems & even to split up, faster than anything.