For marriage registration purposes at the Jamiat KZN office, the following legal requirements must be adhered to:
1) An Ante-nuptial Contract excluding the accrual system must be drawn up by an attorney. Cost in drawing up an ANC Contract may vary (You may contact the Jamiat for advice).
2) Both spouses must be South African citizens (possessing the green coded ID Document/Smart ID card). Marriage officers are not permitted to register a marriage when any of the spouses is of foreign origin. In such a case, only the Department of Home Affairs may register the marriage.
3) In the case where any of the spouses were legally married previously and the marriage ended in divorce, then a court decree of divorce must be produced.
4) In the case where any of the spouses were legally married previously and the marriage ended due to their spouse’s demise, then a death certificate must be produced.
At the time of registration, the following documents are required:
1) Both spouses must be present with the original ID documents.
2) Accompanied with three passport size colour photos of each spouse.
3) First page of the ANC Contract identifying the Protocol No.
4) Nikah Certificate
A R250.00 administration fee is applicable.
Booking for Registration is essential.
Please call our offices on 031 2077 099 for an appointment.