For marriage registration purposes at the Jamiat KZN office, the following legal requirements must be adhered to:
- a) An Ante-nuptial Contract excluding the accrual system must be drawn up by an attorney. Cost in drawing up an ANC Contract may vary (You may contact the Jamiat for advice).
- b) Both spouses must be South African citizens (possessing the green coded ID Document/Smart ID card). Marriage officers are not permitted to register a marriage when any of the spouses is of foreign origin. In such a case, only the Department of Home Affairs may register the marriage.
- c) In the case where any of spouses were legally married previously and the marriage ended in divorce, then a court decree of divorce must be produced.
- d) In the case where any of spouses were legally married previously and the marriage ended due to their spouse’s demise, then a death certificate must be produced.
At the time of registration, the following documents are required:
- a) Both spouses must be present with the original ID documents.
- b) Accompanied with three passport size colour photos of each spouse.
- c) First page of the ANC Contract identifying the Protocol No.
- d) Nikah Certificate
A R250.00 administration fee is applicable.
Booking for Registration is essential.
Please call our offices on 031 2077 099 for an appointment.